In the case of a solar power system, the solar panels, being the most prominent part, receive greater attention. However, the solar battery storage system is equally important.
What is a Solar Battery?
- A solar battery is specifically designed to store the excess electricity generated by the solar system installed by solar system installers in Sydney.
- Using a solar battery storage system, power can be stored for later use.
- It is a fact that even the best solar power systems installed by top solar system installers in Sydney can only generate electricity during daylight hours.
- Even during daylight hours, the amount of electricity that can be generated varies with the amount and intensity of sunlight reaching the solar panels.
- Hence, a solar battery storage system is indispensable to capture and store electricity that is not used in real-time.
Benefits Of a Solar Battery Storage System
- Electricity backup in case of a blackout.
- Make the most out of the power being generated by solar panels.
- Minimise energy dependence on grid power.
- Reduce the power bill.
- Complete energy (power) security with no threats of power outages.
- Availability of power 24/7.
Key Features/Credentials of a Solar Battery Storage System
If you are planning to get a solar battery storage system installed in your home or any other property, it is important for you to know and be aware of the following features about them.
- Solar battery capacity is the amount of power that a solar battery storage system is capable of storing.
- With battery capacity, you get to know for how long your home can be kept powered by the energy stored in the battery.
- Solar battery capacity is measured in kilowatt-hour (kWh).
- Round-trip efficiency refers to the percentage of energy that can be retrieved from the solar battery storage system compared with what is put into it by the solar panels.
- The higher the round-trip efficiency, the more efficient is the solar battery storage system, since less energy is lost during the storage process.
Depth of Discharge
- It refers to the percentage of a battery’s capacity that has been discharged versus the overall capacity of the battery.
- Complete drainage of the battery can cause damage to the solar battery storage system.
- With a depth of discharge, you can understand how much power is still left in the battery before it becomes completely discharged.
Battery Cycle Life
- It refers to the number of cycles of charges and discharges that a solar battery installed by the solar system installers in Sydney can complete before losing its performance and efficiency.
- It is the maximum amount of energy that can be stored in a solar battery storage system.
- Energy capacity is measured in kilowatts (kW) or megawatts (MW).
Read Next Blog: Warning Signs that Indicate Solar Panels Need Replacement