When it comes to solar power, a hybrid solar system is one of the most energy efficient systems available in the market. There are three main types of solar panel systems –
- Off-grid and
- Hybrid solar systems.
What Is a Hybrid Solar System?
- A solar hybrid system is one in which the solar panels are connected to the grid power and also have a battery backup for excess power storage.
- The solar panels absorb solar energy to generate direct current (DC) electricity.
- The DC then passes through the inverter to generate usable alternating current (AC) electricity to power your homes.
- Power backup during the outage The extra electricity goes to the battery for storage.
- The battery can provide power to your home when solar panels are not generating electricity.
- Any leftover (excess) energy is sent to the grid.
- A solar hybrid system is a combination of grid-tied and off-grid systems.
- If you live in a remote area or even in a city in Australia, having a storage battery and staying connected to the grid is the perfect setup.
Benefits Of a Hybrid Solar System
Here is a list of benefits offered by a solar hybrid system.
These benefits will help you make an informed choice and decide why installing a hybrid solar system will be perfect, if you are looking to switch to solar power.
- If you are looking to reduce the impact on the carbon footprint, installing a solar hybrid system makes sense with less dependence on the grid electricity; you are actually saving the environment.
- A hybrid solar system is beneficial to you and the environment as well.
- A hybrid solar system stores excess solar energy in a battery.
- The stored solar energy can provide backup in the event of a solar outage or blackout.
- Also, with a solar hybrid system, you stay connected to the grid supply, as well as, in case of an emergency.
- Installing a hybrid solar system ensures that you will never run out of power.
- One of the main reasons why Australian homeowners are going for a hybrid solar system is because of cost savings and lower electricity expenses.
- It is true that solar hybrid system installation involves a high upfront cost.
- However, with the lower electricity bills, storage of excess (off-peak) electricity in the battery, and reduced power consumption from the grid will definitely make the investment cost-effective.
Excess Solar Energy Storage
- A huge benefit of a solar hybrid system is that it enables the storage of solar power for use in the evening and at night when there is no sun and energy is not being generated by the solar panels.
- Hybrid solar systems provide uninterrupted and continuous power supply to homes.
Read Next Blog: Sonnen Battery Review – All That You Need to Know